Thursday, May 19, 2011

Games, sweets, and parties

Well, I haven't written in over a week (which means I'm off to a bad start of using this as an online journal haha). However, I've just been having too much fun to write!

My number one excuse is that I've been busy falling in love...... with Austin Walker. He is by far the most adorable baby ever and if his mom wouldn't notice, I'd probably steal him. I've also been hiking, going to lunch with friends, doing some zumba, soaking my feet in hot tubs, playing handball, driving with Max and friends, taking a boot camp class, going to bonfires, and going to the zoo. Oh, and lets not forget some intense rounds of Old Maid with the fam.



Oh and as an update on Mother's Day, it was great! I mean, I'm not a mom but I definitely enjoyed myself :) And my mom enjoyed these delicious buttermilk pancakes with a buttermilk syrup that is to die for. Yum!


Many things lately have topped my lists (including a $3 dress I bought at salvation army that will change fashion as we know it), but here are two that are recent enough that I can remember :)

I found this beautiful loveseat at the good old Goodwill for $30!


Maddy was kind enough to model it for me in her pjs after I recruited Vicki to help me haul it home. I've been looking for a piece to use in my sessions, especially with families. Prayer answered!




And with Maddy of course no photo opp is complete without her getting to show off her nails haha


I am VERY excited to try this piece out on some fams!

Today we had Lois' baby shower at our house and it was a blast, even with the mass amount of cleaning I was privileged to do :) As you can tell below, my mom is pretty much a party animal and is known for her hosting skills!


We're so excited for baby Sloan to come! She will be one well-dressed baby girl! And of course what party would be complete without some pre-party whipped cream shots?






My mom did a spectacular job with all the food.....but doesn't she always? :)












And of course Olivia was there getting all pumped up to be a big sister! And trust me Liv, it's a blast :)



Such a CUTE family......I am so excited for them! Until next time!


1 comment:

  1. Hello dear Rach!

    Love the blog, love hearing about what you're doing, LOVE the love seat and wish I'd been there to help eat all those yummy dishes! But most of all, I love you!

    Love,
    Aunt Janene

    ReplyDelete