Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day Date with Maddy

Yesterday my sisters complained about my parking job and I said, "Hey, I'm sick!" They also teased me because my bed sheets are all over my floor and I said, "Hey, I'm sick!" And my internal self is getting on me for not writing more often and I say, "Hey, I'm sick!" That excuse didn't really fly on the first two, so I doubt it will on the last. And besides, I'm not even that sick :)

Because of being near my deathbed, I can't say I did much this past week. Although I have been playing quite a bit of werewolves, so stack that up as some small sort of accomplishment. But by far the highlight of my week, actually to be technical going out to lunch with Steph would be #1, was having a party with Maddy on Friday.


Maddy and I had big plans for the day. However, the weather did not. We were going to go to one of the best parks of all time but it was raining. There was sunshine for about ten minutes and as soon as I saw it I said, "Maddy, get your shoes on! Hurry, get in the car!" But halfway to the park it starting pouring again so we went home deflated and ate our lunch.


It stopped raining for a few minutes and Maddy moved her lunch outside. I preferred to sit inside where my seat was not wet :) She also got in some good one-on-one time with the trampoline, so although not the best day ever, still pretty fun :)



And you know how sometimes, despite what mood you're in, some things just can't help but put a smile on your face? I'm talking about rainbows after it rains, a good book, a walk when the air is crisp, leaves crunching under your feet, laughing about the smallest things, stopping everything for just a minute to think, getting a hug when you're upset, and, let us not forget, chocolate. Well, my rainbow of the morning was this beautiful video. I am so glad that the church takes the time to create these! Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment